This policy is intended to complement other event, program or facility-specific emergency procedures.
To provide consistent and uniform guidelines for staff, volunteers and participants to follow in the event of inclement weather for the health, safety and well-being of staff, volunteers, participants and facilities.
The Clarksville Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to modify operations based on its own
safety assessment, National Weather Service or other authority in the event of inclement weather (thunder, lightning, tornados, severe storm watch or warning, snow, cold or heat advisory).
City Government Closures
- Parents and guardians are encouraged to use their own discretion whether to allow their child to participate under any questionable weather-related conditions.
Closures and Cancellations
- In the event the City of Clarksville closes for business due to inclement weather, all Parks and Recreation programs, classes, events, and rentals are canceled. All Parks and Recreation facilities and offices will be closed for the duration that the City is closed for business.
- In the event of inclement weather or hazardous road conditions, the Clarksville Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to close satellite facilities or cancel/postpone programs should weather and public safety conditions warrant.
- Parks and Recreation satellite facilities can and may operate on an alternative schedule at the discretion of the Director or Deputy Director of Recreation.
- In the event of such closings or alternative scheduling, a cancellation notice will be posted on the Clarksville Parks and Recreation website and shared on the Department’s Facebook and Twitter social media pages.
Every effort will be made to reschedule canceled programs, rentals or events. Should makeup programs not be scheduled, participants will be provided with a pro-rated refund. If no rescheduled date can be arranged, refunds of fees will be provided.
Refunds for field time will be provided only when game/practices use is canceled by parks staff. Field users are responsible for submitting a list of all refund requests within 5 days of cancellation.