|| Help Protect the Trail!
Please Follow these Rules:
1. Stay on Designated Trail.
2. Keep to the right, pass on the left.
3. Keep pets on leashes and clean up after your pet.
4. Do not remove plants or feed/disturb wildlife.
5. Put trash in receptacles
6. Park only in designated parking spaces.
Do not park on roadway or block private residences.
- Heritage Park
- Pollard Road Trailhead
- Marys Oak Trailhead
Whether you are wanting to get active or take a scenic walk through nature, the Clarksville Greenway
offers a wonderful experience for citizens and visitors with views of the river and beautiful forestry. Bike, skate, run, or walk the trail, and maybe bring a friend or pet too! Restrooms available on-site as well as benches and resting areas.
Access points are located at Heritage Park, Pollard Road and Marys Oak Dr. Park only in designated areas. The trailhead with the most parking is at Heritage Park on Peachers Mill Road.
The Clarksville Greenway is a part of the Rails to Trails initiative that transforms scenic abandoned railroad rights of way and river corridors into walking and biking trails. It has garnered statewide recognition for environmental stewardship as well as popularity among citizens. This approximately 9-mile walking and biking trail is situated in north Clarksville along the banks of the Red River and West Fork Creek.
It preserves a natural space for alternative transportation from the downtown area to the North side of town. Native species of plants and animals can be viewed throughout the corridor. The community also benefits from these natural areas as they clean air and water, provide flood storage and protection, reduce erosion as well as offer educational resources. One of the unique features of the trail is the Raymond C. Hand Pass, a 600 foot pedestrian bridge.
is the best way to navigate the trail. It’s an automated bike sharing system designed for use by many people for short trips around town or for recreational riding. The BCycle station on the Clarksville Greenway is located at the Pollard Road Trailhead. Other BCycle stations are located at Liberty Park, Cumberland Riverwalk, and Public Square & Franklin St. For more infomation, please visit https://clarksville.bcycle.com
Safety is Our Highest Priority!
- Bicyclists and skaters must adhere to warning signage, yield to pedestrians, and give an audible signal when passing.
- Exit immediately during heavy rain.
- Leave valuables at home and take your car keys with you.
- Prohibited: Drugs, alcohol, horses, and motorized vehicles.
- Please be careful on the large hills south of the Pollard Road trailhead. We encourage all bicyclists to dismount on these large hills.