The Operations and Maintenance Division performs routine and emergency services throughout
the City’s public roadway and right of ways. Core areas of the Division are drainage
maintenance, right of way maintenance, street infrastructure maintenance, Issues on State
Routes within the City Limits should be directed to the Tennessee Department of Transportation
(TDOT) at 931-648-5572 or 615-741-2848.
- Inspect all high priority drainage assets on a quarterly basis
- Resolve all level I and level II drainage complaints in accordance with stormwater ordinance
Right of Way Maintenance
- 3 mowing crews work across designated routes utilizing 6 tractor mowers and 6 zero turn riding mowers throught the Spring, Summer, and Fall
- Spray weed killer along designated guardrails and sidewalks.
- Perform street sweeping operations throughout the City year-round
- Handle tree and branch obstructions along the roadway
- Litter pickups along roadways
- Maintain main route median plantings and downtown plantings
- Installation and takedown of downtown Christmas Lights.
- Conduct resurfacing of City streets within the Pavement Management Program
- Repair potholes
- Maintain sidewalks along with curb and gutter
- Semi-annual lawn debris pickup
- Snow and ice removal on City streets (excludes State Routes)
- Dead animal pickup on City streets (excludes State Routes)