- Human Resources
- New Hire Information
New Hire Information
Welcome to the City of Clarksville! Upon your first day of employment, you will be required to attend orientation conducted by staff members of the Human Resources department.
During that time, you will be provided with an overview of the following:
- Appropriate workplace conduct
- City Code
- The City’s learning management system
- Workplace safety
ONline new hire packet
In order to make your transition as smooth as possible, you must complete an online New Hire Packet that will be emailed to you by Human Resources. The packet will be completed using a program called Seamless, and you will be provided step-by-step instructions for completing your required documents. The documents in the New Hire Packet must be completed within 3 business days of receiving a job offer.
What’s in the Packet
When you complete your New Hire Packet, you must attach a blank check or your bank account and routing number for payroll processing. The New Hire Packet (PDF) consists of the following documents:
- Authorization to Make Deductions from Wages Form
- Benefits Summary for Full-Time Employees (For review only. You will not need to fill anything out until orientation.)
- Direct Deposit of Payroll Form
- Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification: You must obtain the necessary items from Lists A, B, and/or C, and bring them with you when you complete your New Hire paperwork. If you are faxing in your paperwork, you must bring the necessary items to orientation.
- Form W4
- Personal Data Sheet
What to Bring On the First Day
If you have not already completed your I-9, please have the following items with you on your first day:
One item from list A of the list of acceptable documents (PDF) for the Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification or one item from list B and one item from list C.
Should you arrive on your first day without the necessary items from the List of Acceptable Documents, you will be required to obtain those items prior to completing orientation and beginning employment.
If you have any questions regarding the New Hire Packet, or what you need to have on your first day, please contact the Human Resources department at 931-645-7451.
Learning Management System-CODI
City of Clarksville employees can utilize the Learning Portal.
New hire Orientation Dates 2021
Monday, July 19, 2021
Monday, August 2, 2021
Monday, August 16, 2021
Monday, August 30, 2021
Monday, September 13, 2021
Monday, September 27, 2021
Monday, October 11, 2021
Monday, October 25, 2021
Monday, November 8, 2021
Monday, November 22, 2021
Monday, December 6, 2021
Monday, December 20, 2021