Wonder Kids Triathlon
The event promotes an active lifestyle in today’s youth and strives to teach good sportsmanship while providing a fun and competitive environment. The event will take place at the New Providence Pool. Stay tuned to the Wonder Kids Triathlon event page on Facebook for updates!
Date & Time
Saturday, August 3, 2019
9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- $30 per participant (includes shirt and medal)
- Register online beginning June 3, 2019.
- Tiny Tykes: Ages 3 to 5, Swim 25 meters, Bike 0.25 mile, Run 100 yards
- Junior: Ages 6 to 8, Swim 50 meters, Bike 0.50 mile, Run 0.25 miles
- Senior: Ages 9 to 12, Swim 100 meters, Bike 1 mile, Run 0.50 mile
Athletes must be between 3 and 12 years old by August 3, 2019.
- Bike Helmet - required (no exceptions)
- Bike - required; No bike checks required as of 2019.
- Tennis Shoes - required (no flip flops)
- Swimsuit - Arrive with a swimsuit on (swim aids must be coast guard approved)
- Goggles (recommended)
- Watch - to record your time, if desired
- Water or Gatorade. Water will be provided along the run and at the finish line
- Positive attitude to have fun!
Review the course map (PDF) with your child so they are comfortable with the route and transition areas.
Parking lots at the pool and Kleeman Center will be closed off at 8:30 AM. for the race to begin by 9:00 AM Parking will be available in the Northwest Little League lot by Stokes Field behind Hardees, off Fort Campbell Boulevard Once the race begins the course will be secured and you will not be able to access the parking lot to your vehicle. This will limit traffic on the route for the safety of all participants.
This event is designed to encourage an active lifestyle in youth and for the participants to have fun. The race will not be officially timed. Each participant may wear a waterproof watch if they wish to record their time.
After crossing the finish line each participant will be presented with a medal, then they may advance to the Winner’s Circle where there will be prizes, special guests, and a pedestal for photo opportunities.
To ensure this race is a safe and fun event for all participants we need volunteers along the route and in the transition areas to assist the little athletes. Please show your support by checking one of the volunteer options on the registration page or completing this form. Volunteers will go through a brief pre-night event training. For more information, call us at (931) 645-7476 or email us.