The Clarksville Police Department Training Division provides all Officers with detailed annual and specialized training established by the Tennessee Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission (P.O.S.T.). The Training Division is responsible for the development, coordination and presentation of all training within the department. The Clarksville Police Department is fortunate to have a dedicated training facility that allows for in-depth firearms and scenario based training.
The goals of all training programs are to:
- Meet mandatory and in‐service training requirements.
- Provide better educated and more professional personnel.
- Provide more efficient and effective accomplishment of departmental objectives.
- Improve police community relations.
- Provide career development opportunities within the department.
- Provide training in specialized areas of law enforcement.
- Provide training consistent with departmental law enforcement responsibilities.
Training is a continual, never ending process, involving all Officers of the Clarksville Police Department. Officers, on an annual basis as required by law, must attend and satisfactorily complete a forty-four hour in‐service school. The training curriculum includes all P.O.S.T. Commission and CALEA Standard mandated topics.