CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. – Clarksville Gas & Water has fully restored the customer pay-by-phone and online bill payment features including the account management access after they were down on Thursday.
Gas & Water internal Information Technology staff worked with its computer information system service provider most of the day and into the early evening on Thursday to address and repair a critical hardware failure that caused the payment features to be down.
Customers are reminded that Gas & Water will not turn off services on past due accounts or apply late fees or penalties to past due accounts while facilities are closed because of the coronavirus prevention and safety measures in place.
During the facility closing only the following limited customer services will be conducted on Tuesdays and Fridays from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- New water and gas service connection and disconnection requests will be taken by phone, (931) 645-7400, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Madison Street drive-through window service is only available for contractor document drop off and pick up.
The following options are available for customer bill payment.
- Pay online at www.clarksvillegw.com.
- Pay-by-phone (931) 645-7400, follow voice prompts.
- Pay by regular mail with the customer bill.
- Deposit payment at drop boxes at 2015 Fort Campbell Blvd. and 2215 Madison St.
- Authorized payment agencies (all Clarksville locations)
- City Hall, 1 Public Square
- First Financial Bank
- Legends Bank
- Planters Bank
- U.S. Bank
The Gas & Water main phone line, (931) 645-7400, and the emergency after-hours number, (931) 645-0116, are operational for gas, water and sewer emergency calls.